Translate

Thursday 8 March 2012

What's going to become of our high streets?

At coffee morning yesterday Mavis was showing everyone the results of her sigmoidoscopy, which thankfully were normal. I'm beginning to think I would like to be able to eat or drink at church without hearing about the state of her intestines. An old man was telling us all about his kidney scan, which is just routine not anything serious. I'm just hoping in my old age I've got more exciting things to talk about. Perhaps that's how it ends up. Scary.

Someone from church phoned up today and invited me to lunch. The earliest she can fit it in is May 10th! She obviously has a much busier social life than me. I could do any day next week.

Went into town this afternoon. Two more shops closed down, one of them where I got quite a lot of J's J's clothes. Every town I go through just seems to be the same, the high streets getting more and more dismal. 

No comments: