Translate

Thursday 22 March 2012

Chatted up in the bird feed aisle

Picked up P from work today and went shopping briefly. Had to take some jeans back because they were a bit small, must be making them smaller these days. Bought a load of bird food which cost £14! Hopefully this will last some time but it was making me think - that could keep someone's starving child alive. The real issue here is that the bird food producers are absolutely ripping us off.

Anyway while I was loading my scooter basket with sunflower seeds and peanuts a fairly elderly man started chatting to me about how he likes feeding the birds but the pigeons come and eat it all and I was saying how the squirrels are a nuisance for us. Then he said 'I hope you don't mind me saying this but you've got a lovely face.'  Gosh.


No comments: