Translate

Thursday 29 March 2012

Mavis

I think I said it was Mavis's 70th birthday on Saturday. I did quite a lot of getting other people to make/organise cake etc for her - at coffee morning last week, at church on Sunday and there was still leftover cake at coffee morning yesterday. She gave me a lovely thank you card saying she knew I was behind it all and she really appreciates all we do for her and she's sorry she's a bit much sometimes. Almost felt like crying.

On Friday something awful happened to her. Three men came into her house (she hadn't locked her doors) and said they'd trimmed her trees, which she hadn't asked them to do and wasnted £300. They became quite threatening and she phoned police at which point they went, taking a £20 note with tehm. How horrible. She's remarkably calm considering.
 

No comments: