Translate

Saturday 3 March 2012

Visit from my brother and a new table

My brother came for a visit on Thursday night which was nice. We're trying to decide what to do for my dad's 80th birthday. My brother's come up with the idea of taking him to the London Eye. A nice idea, just got to work out the practicalities. As his mother in law might come as well there could be 3 people with mobility problems to get round London.

The other thing that happened on Thursday was we got a new table. We've been arguing about  debating which sort of dining table to have for the last couple of years. We couldn't agree on a style, P wanted to make one I didn't want him to etc. Anyway on Wednesday he popped into a charity shop opposite his work and there was what he described as a really nice table for only £40. Wondering if I was doing the right thing I agreed that he should buy it but while waiting for it to be delivered on Thursday morning I was quite nervous. When it arrived it was a really nice table - just what we needed, all nice and shiny and we both like it. Only thing is I'm getting a bit paranoid about it getting damaged so I'm not keen on people making model aeroplanes etc on it. It was really good timing as we were able to entertain my brother with our nice new table. 

They threw in 6 chairs in with it which need re-upholstering as the fabric on them wasn't fireproof so they tore it off. Sure we could manage that.

 

No comments: