Translate

Tuesday 20 March 2012

Tactless remark

I am just feeling so upset right now. Basically someone at housegroup this morning criticised me for having been looking miserable at coffee morning last week. This had been a day when I was in a lot of pain and had hardly slept at all the night before but obviously she wasn't to know that. She said that she and the woman who runs it were saying that Mavis and I both looked so miserable it would put people off coming. 'Ok I'll try and have a cheerful grin in future' I said which was meant to be loaded with sarcasm but didn't really work. It actually felt like she'd physically hit me but I was saying to myself I could rise above it and handle it and somehow I managed to lead the discussion. Then I got home and P phoned and I burst into tears.

How should I handle this? Forgive them obviously but say anything? Just not go any more? Ignore it? 

I don't know.
 

No comments: