Translate

Monday 26 March 2012

Dog tired

I'm sorry if you've got a yappy little dog and you love it but in general I don't like yappy little dogs. In general J doesn't like dogs at all. This all proved to be a bit of a problem on Saturday when we went to  visit both a friend of P's and my Dad in Norfolk.

It was a lovely sunny day and we had a pleasant journey there. P's friend is a farmer who doesn't do much hands on stuff any more but contracts it out as he's getting on a bit. He's built a new house which downstairs just has a basic living room cum office and a utility room and toilet and shower. Upstairs is an open plan kitchen diner and living room with a bedroom and lovely bathroom leading off. It had glass all round and was absolutely beautiful with views across the fields and the sun streaming in.

He has this little Jack Russell which is getting old and has calmed down a lot but did the usual yapping thing when we got there. It jumped up on my lap and I patted it a bit which it liked and I managed to stop it licking my face (Yuk!). Then it took an interest in J and decided to lick his face. He resisted this and backed away and ended up lying on the sofa with the dog on top of him so I started pulling it away and it turned and tried to bite me. Nice. J transferred to a dining chair where he was safer. We had a nice cup of tea. Then I noticed what the dog had done on the floor. Seriously yuk!

Apart from the doggy business we had a very nice time then went on to my Dad's. He and his wife have 3 King Charles spaniels which are very cute but when we got there they all yapped at full volume. They were given some chewy bones which quietened them down but the filling in these bones was tripe and we ate our dinner with the delighful aroma of doggy tripe being chewed.

It was very nice to see my Dad who is getting quite frail which is a bit scary really. 

Quite a long day though so quite tired at the end of it all.

No comments: