Translate

Thursday 2 February 2012

Thankful Thursday

J still off school, hopefully will go back tomorrow. Rib still painful. Piano teacher has said he's finding journey to our house too much now doesn't have other pupils in same area.

Still today is Thursday and I'm going to have a 'Thankful Thursday'. 10 things off the top of my head to be thankful for:

1)    It is lovely and sunny today, cold but sunny.
2)    We don't live in the caravan any more, in there this morning the temperature was -1.
3)    J seems to be getting better.
4)    The birds who come to our feeder - robins, blackbirds, great tits, blue tits, long-tailed tits, dunnocks... I love them all.
5)    I've got a washing machine, right now I can't lift the washing to get it in or out, but I've still got one.
6)    P who has helped with the washing this week.
7)    P who does the cooking every day.
8)    I've got a dishwasher, I really, really appreciate my dishwasher.
9)    Books. I love them.
10)  My laptop, I like that too.

The trouble is when I start making a thankful list all sorts of quite trivial things come into my head and I know there are all sorts of mega things I should put like God loves me and Jesus died for me and that I've got a Bible and we'e not persecuted for what we believe and we're not starving and we've got clean water to drink and good health care but I'm grateful for all that all the time and it does go a bit without 
saying and sometimes I like to be thankful for the things that are right in front of me. Being thankful is a good antidote to self-pity I find.

Where is that MOT certificate? 

No comments: