Translate

Wednesday 1 February 2012

Another cracked rib and a cross country crisis

P and I spent the weekend at a healing course at which we had a very good time and really felt God showing me the way forward. Am going to go back some time for more ministry.

J stayed at Tim's house and sent regular updates via text. I couldn't help feeling at times that life was less stressful before texting. On Saturday night he went out with his Sunday school class to Pizza Hut and sent me a text to say he'd eaten too much and felt sick. So there I was having visions of him throwing up over someone else's car or in Becky's house. Thankfully he didn't.

On Sunday morning as we were hastily eating breakfast we had a text saying Tim and family were going to visit his grandma who lives several hundred miles away and he didn't want to go with them. At this point I thought perhaps there was a crisis and grandma was sick but it turned out it was other grandma who lives about 10 miles away. I think never having had 2 grandmas J hasn't quite got his head round the fact that that's what most people have.

On Sunday morning while on our course I banged the side of my chest into a chair and am pretty sure I've cracked a rib again and it's very painful. In fact this morning it's very painful and I can feel the bones grinding together. Thank God for ibuprofen.

Yesterday morning I was in a lot of pain and it was a major struggle to just get out of bed and out of the door so somehow I didn't manage to engage my brain with whether J should do cross country or not and he didn't suggest that he should miss it and he'd been fine at Scouts the night before so he just went off to school with his PE kit. I wasn't sure if I'd go to house group but in the end after soaking in a hot bath for a while and some painkillers I managed to turn up 20 minutes late at which point I found there wasn't a parking space outside the door so someone had to come out and move their car. As soon as I'd sat down and started sipping my tea my mobile rang. It was the school nurse in a real state over J who had nearly collapsed after cross country and was lying on the bed in the medical room under a pile of blankets looking very pale and freezing cold. After assuring her that he had had a good breakfast and we do feed him vegetables I rushed to school and she said to take him to the walk-in surgery. This I didn't do because there is a bit of an issue with the word 'walk' for me and I called in at our doctor's instead. One of the doctors saw him at the end of surgery and she said there was nothing obviously wrong but is referring him to the hospital for tests to make sure there isn't an underlying problem. I'm hoping it's just due to the after effects of the virus and getting very cold. It was snowing at the time and he said he was walking not running for quite a lot of the time. Until he's been to the hospital I'm going to say no PE.

Anyway he still says he feels a bit rough and is in bed this morning and not at school. Really, really hope he's better soon.

No comments: