Translate

Monday 20 February 2012

I'm not a sloth

On Saturday night we went to the family housegroup at 'other church'. We had a nice meal, jacket potatoes and cake. Then we did this thing which was meant to be about encouragement. We got into groups of 2 families together then each family was to say what animal each member was, the idea being it was something encouraging. This all went a bit wrong with J and me and I can't really say that either of us was being particularly encouraging. I will say though that I wouldn't have said I thought he was a sloth if he hadn't first said he thought I was a sloth. Anyway after we'd calmed down we discovered both dads were considered to be lions and both mums were felt to be terriers because we're determined and never let go. J however felt I should be a goat because I'm 'smartish' (what do you mean ish?) and good with my hands (???). Daughter in other family was a flamingo and son a dolphin. J we decided was a gibbon - orangish, clever and long arms. Not sure I like that game.

After the kids went into another room we were sharing more about our problems. The people hosting it are having real problems with their 16 year old daughter, which seems to be caused by bullying at school. Why are kids so horrible to each other? I feel really sorry for them, they're such a nice family and really trying to be good parents. Life is so hard sometimes.


Trying to explain to J that the reason I don't do much is because I can't. I want to but I can't. Not sure he gets it. This morning he was asking why I don't go out to work. Apart from the illness bit I've been a stay at home mum and always been there for him all these years and he wants me to go to work. Sigh.
 

No comments: