Translate

Friday 10 April 2009

On Tuesday P & I went to the Ideal Home Exhibition for which we had free tickets. In a way it was a very sobering experience. When we've been previously it's been really crowded with long queues for everything but this time it was so quiet. We didn't have to queue for the show homes we just went in. Hardly anybody seemed to be spending any money, a lot of the stallholders were standing around doing nothing & apparently some of the big firms had already given up & gone. It just really brought the recession home to us.
Last time we went I got dragged in for a makeover & they put this anti-wrinkle stuff on my face which felt really uncomfortable all day. As well they kept saying 'You look so much better now!' & even calling over complete strangers & saying 'Doesn't she look better!' This was a bit disconcerting as I hadn't thought I was all that wrinkled to start with. This time I kept saying to myself 'No make-over, no make-over...' but being something of a sitting target I ended up being dusted with a 'super-all-in-one-make-up-mineral-powder'. P said this gave me a healthy glow, personally I think it made me a bit orange. Anyway he bought me some. You can take a horse to water, though, but you can't make it drink, ie you can buy someone super-all-in-one-make-up-mineral-powder but you can't make them dust it all over their face.

No comments: