Translate

Monday 20 April 2009

Hello it's me, finally able to get hold of the laptop again, ie J gone back to school & P gone back to work. Wasn't sure if J would go back today as he has a very bad cold & ear ache. Was hoping he would as church was running an Alpha breakfast this morning & Louise had said she'd come. Anyway J got up ok & put on his uniform although there were a few outbursts of 'Do I have to go to school?'He's quite worried as his teacher is now the acting headteacher so he's got a different teacher for this term who's reputed to be a bit strict. I wrote a note to her explaining he wasn't very well & couldn't hear properly so hopefully he won't get told off for not being able to hear what she says.
Getting ready for school was quite organised as I'd got most of J's stuff together the night before. Thankfully I'd realised on Saturday that I'd been mistaken in assuming that empty PE bag + empty laundry bin = washed PE kit. What it actually = was PE kit crumpled at bottom of school bag. As it was nice & sunny though I got it washed on time.
I phoned Louise to check she could come to the breakfast & she couldn't cos she's got the cold as well. In fact she sounded quite bad. Have horrible feeling that J might have given it to her as he stayed there most of Monday & Tuesday.
The reason he was staying there was that P & I went to a healing service near Eastbourne. We set off in the rain wearing our winter clothes & got there to find bright sunshine & everyone in summer gear. I felt a bit silly in my boots.
It was quite nice to go away, just the two of us & I think it was the first night we've had away without J since he was born. I'll tell you about healing service in next post but something really strange happened on Beachy Head. We parked the car & P pushed me along the cliff edge & the scenery was absolutely amazing. The really sad thing was though that at one place near the top there were all these little crosses & bunches of flowers.
Anyway P had pushed me further than he intended & wasn't too keen on pushing me all the way back as the ground was quite rough so he left me looking out to sea & went to get the car. It should only have taken him 5 or 10 minutes biut he was ages so I was wondering if the car wouldn't start or something. Then he phoned & said he'd been busy talking. Turned out as he set off he bumped into someone he used to work with years ago who has a 2nd house in Eastbourne. Then as he was walking on he heard someone calling & it was someone who used to come to church whom we hadn't seen for about 15 years & who now lives in Eastbourne. Amazing or what?!!

No comments: