Translate

Tuesday 9 December 2008

Hi it's me back online again!
Our family safety filter is really efficient. It works by not letting you into the computer at all!
Actually it only took a couple of days to sort out & we can now get straight in about 1 in 4 times. The other reasons I haven't been on my blog recently are:

1) Got locked out of blog & couldn't remember password & hadn't got mental energy to go through process of changing it as suffering from general tiredness, lethargy & feeling like not doing anything at all.
2) Eyes been bad but now a lot better.
3) Up to neck in J's exams.

Perhaps I should just get over writing about the exams now because it's quite a painful subject, in fact it's very painful. So ok, J was doing 2 exams one for grammar schools & one for technology college. The scenario I expected was that J would come out of first saying it was really hard but sail though second. What happened was he came out of first really cheerful & saying it was lot easier than he expected ( I don't think that's any guarantee he's done well though). In previous years they've had comprehensions from the classics such as Thomas Hardy but in his paper they had a piece about latitude & longitude which was right up his street. Anyway over last week or so we've all 3 come to conclusion that school we really want him to get into is Technology College. On Saturday he did exam & came out almost in tears saying it had gone really badly. He has real problem filling in multiple choice answer sheets & we hadn't realised that that's what it was going to be. Therefore he hadn't managed to answer 16 of questions even though he knew answers. I asked teacher about format of exam when we went round & I'm sure he said it was circling the answers, of course he didn't realise relevance to J. I've been going on real guilt trip as I wish I'd found out more about it in advance & phoned up when we got psychologist's report & asked for extra time for him. The thing is I'm still trying to get used to fact he's got a learning difficulty & get my head round it all. I phoned up school yesterday & they said if I put it all in writing they would consider it. Probably if they're not prepared to be understanding about it it wouldn't have been right school for him anyway. Anyway I put phone down then burst into tears then sat down & composed letter & put psychologist's report in with it & sent J into post office with it after school. So that's that, all I can do now & I'm just going to have to make real effort to trust God that he will get into whichever school is right for him. 3 months until we find out!

No comments: