Translate

Sunday 28 December 2008

I hope you've had a nice Christmas. I have had a good one, I've so much to be thankful for, I've got a loving family, we had some nice church services, some good food, nice presents, I'm not living in the caravan any more... and yet I'm feeling really low at the moment. I keep thinking 'This is good, I should be enjoying it,' and yet I'm not.
Had a good church service this morning, J went up with some of the other children to help assemble a nativity scene. Sadly J & Adam had a bit of a falling out as Adam had been given 'Brain Training' for Christmas & J wanted him to let him download the demo & he said no. I've just been talking to J about forgiveness, he says he knows he should forgive Adam but he wants to wait until tomorrow. Becky & Tim came in at the end of the service as her husband & older daughter came to our church service. I feel really sorry for her because she's always gone to an Anglican church but her 2 older children decided they prefer our church as it's more lively & then her husband decided to come here as well. On Christmas day the younger two also wanted to come so she decided to come too so the family would be altogether. It's hard on her though as she's very involved in the Anglican church so it wouldn't be easy for her to just come to ours instead.
Yesterday went into town to go to second hand model railway shop to get some bits for J's train set. On way back stopped at Sainsburys, bought two pairs of trousers, a skirt & a cardigan all half price - my Christmas present from P. I resisted the temptation to buy a third brown hooded top. There were long queues of traffic going into town, everybody else after the bargains as well. We didn't go right into the town centre, can't imagine what that would have been like.
Tomorrow my brother & his children are coming to visit which will be good. His girlfriend won't be coming as her father is very seriously ill. He has had complications following his heart surgery & things aren't very good at the moment. Her mum is doing very well following her operation though.
P & J have just come back from a long walk, J's fingers got really cold as we can't find his gloves! They're probably too small now anyway, have to buy him some new ones on Tuesday.
Just trying to get J to do some piano practice. He's getting a bit frustrated as he wants to progress faster than his teacher is letting him, he's been told to stick to the pieces he's meant to be learning & not rush ahead in the book playing all the other pieces. He's having to wait until the new term to learn quavers but really he already knows how to do them. I've downloaded some simple carol music to give him something different to play (one's got quavers in it but don't tell anyone). I can see us having to pay for private piano lessons before long.
J's just asked 'What's the point of B flat?'
I can't think of an answer to that.

No comments: