Translate

Tuesday 23 December 2008

I'm all shopped out! Did nearly all my Christmas shopping in just over 2 hours today. In fact did it all in just 2 shops & the market. This was achieved by buying what are probably the most unoriginal presents ever but they'll just have to do. Went into Woolworths just to say goodbye, nothing left worth buying in there now anyway. Hard to believe it's closing down. Have these childhood memories of going in there on a Saturday morning to spend my pocket money on some pick n mix & stamps for my stamp collection. Did some tidying this morning until feet & rib got too painful. Becky brought Tim round to play at 10.30 then we just sat & talked for an hour. Then later I took both boys round her house while I went shopping. Then met P & went to Somerfields then picked up J who is now sitting watching 'Chicken run'. Tomorrow just need to finish tidying (which may involve putting all paperwork in carrier bag & hiding it), pick up turkey (with J's help), wrap & deliver presents, get J to put up decorations. So we're almost ready for Christmas. What I actually feel like doing tomorrow is having a nice long sleep.
P is back at work now & quite a lot better (except at the moment he's having a coughing fit).
Have made things up with 'chief person concerned' which is good, very good in fact.

No comments: