Translate

Wednesday 31 December 2008

We had a lovely time with my brother & his two daughters on Monday. P's Dad was over as well. His carer came in at lunchtime & gave an impromptu concert on the piano. P cooked what was basically another Christmas dinner & very nice. The girls are getting so grown up it's amazing. My oldest niece had made us a beautiful cross stitch card. I just gave her money for Christmas which she seemed very pleased with. She's very into clothes but is probably at an age now (12) where it's better if she chooses her own. It's quite hard choosing presents for the younger one as she has Down's syndrome so I can't just go by the age on toys but I got her a doll sitting in a carriage with horses with purple flowing manes (makes me glad I've got a boy!) & she seemed to like it.
Sadly my brother phoned last night & said his father in law has taken a major turn for the worse so they're going to stay on there & the rest of the family are coming to be with him. It's very sad but at least, as he says, they managed to get through Christmas.

No comments: