Translate

Wednesday 31 December 2008

I have been noticing recently that my husband has been smelling a bit mouldy. The other day I realised the reason. Our house has a front and back porch which is supposed to help retain the heat as you try & shut the outer door before you open the inner door. What we have found though is that the back porch especially gets very cold as the wall is so well insulated it doesn't get any heat from the rest of the house. As well as this the washing machine is in there which must generate a bit of moisture into the air & the ventilation system isn't yet working. As a result it's got damp & our coats which are hanging in there have got mildew. A couple are so bad we'll just have to throw them out & I'm washing all the others. P's bodywarmer was quite musty but he was wearing it without noticing. I keep my favourite coat in the bedroom so at least that was alright. I think we'll just have to keep the door to the porch open until the ventilation system is working even though it makes the house a bit cooler. Just like being in the caravan again where everything got damp. (One day I was even putting on my eyeshadow & realised it was mouldy!)

No comments: