Translate

Friday 19 December 2008

P still not well but getting better. He managed to cook us a nice dinner last night. In fact we had venison casserole! J off school with the bug yesterday so had to miss pantomime. He wasn't too upset as it was Cinderella which he says is a 'girl's panto'. He's gone back in today for last day of term. They're allowed to bring in their DS lites to play with today. He & Adam are also responsible for emptying the school post box & distributing Christmas cards.
I'm feeling quite a lot better, managed to do a bit of pre-Christmas visitors tidying. Can now fit all 3 of us on sofa in relative comfort & can walk from living room into study. (Yes, it really is that bad).
Have been lecturing J not to repeat what he did last year. Someone who used to go to our church came to call with a card & some money for him. When I said to J that he'd been brought some money without even looking up from TV he called out 'How much?' Of course he might not get chance to repeat this appalling behaviour as who could blame person if they didn't give him anything this year?
P has just been saying how glad he is that he & J have got illness over with before Christmas. It's just occurred to me that I haven't got it, if I've caught it from them when am I going to get it? Christmas! Right now I'm going to go along with those Christians who believe that if you declare you're not going to get an illness you won't get it. So I'm not going to get horrible infection which makes you lie around on sofa sneezing all over your nearest & dearest with streaming eyes & hacking cough. I'M NOT GOING TO GET IT!
Tonight there's carols at one of the pubs in the village organised by the churches together. This is the first time they've done it, prevously there used to be carols outside the newsagents on a Saturday morning but now newsagents is a restaurant it's not the same. Trouble is I'm not sure I can go as P says he's not going as he's not well enough & I don't think can physically get in without him. Not sure I can cope with people being freaked out by wheelchair either. Have to see how much J wants to go.

No comments: