Translate

Tuesday 3 January 2012

A walk and some old videos

Yesterday we (as in P and I) decided to go for a New Year's walk. He charged up my scooter, we dragged resident couch-potato teenager away from computer and set off. It was a sunny day but wind was a bit chilly and I was glad I was well wrapped up. Teenager trudged along, head-down, moaning all the way that he wanted to go home. This made it really not very enjoyable at all. Was remembering walks we had when he was a toddler when he would be running excitedly from side to side. Sigh. Turned out P had planned a much longer circular walk than J and I had envisaged but as my scooter charge was dropping and I couldn't take much more moaning and I wasn't sure scooter could get through on path he was thinking of I persuaded him to turn round after what I felt was a reasonable length. Teenager then had hot chocolate and brownie which probably cancelled out all benefits of walk.

Brownie was left over from Pudding and Prayer evening we went to at 'other church' on Sunday evening which was brilliant. 

Found some old videos which we watched last night -some of J and my nieces when they were little - so cute (he was really embarrassed) also one of our holiday in France when I was recovering after being ill the first time. I had so much more energy and could walk further than I can now, really strange watching myself. At the end of that one was a very short video of my parents which was the only one I ever took of them and was just 2 weeks before Mum died suddenly. I hadn't watched it for years and it just felt really weird. People always said Mum had a really strong Irish accent but I never noticed it but last night for the first time I did. Strange.

No comments: