Translate

Saturday 14 January 2012

Breathing problems

For the last few weeks I've been feeling short of breath. I don't remember if I blogged about this but I had this before in the summer and the doctor sent me to casualty and we hung around for hours and they did all sorts of tests and they didn't find anything and in the end it just went away. Anyway on Thursday I already had a doctor's appointment for something else and I decided I would mention the breathing instead (he will not deal with more than one problem in one appointment). Then J who had been complaining of feeling ill said he was short of breath as well. I phoned the doctors and they said I could bring him along too. J also started complaining of pain in his chest. Scary or what? Anyway he listened to our chests etc but nothing wrong. Then he did a peak flow test and we both had really low readings. He sent us both away with inhalers to try but I was thinking if I had asthma I honestly think I'd have noticed it by now and they didn't seem to make any difference. The big problem was J was meant to go camping with the scouts for the weekend. The doctore said bring him back yesterday morning and he would decide if he was fit enough. Yesterday J's peak flow was still low so he put him on a nebuliser to see if it made a difference and it didn't so he said it can't be asthma. J was getting a runny nose by then and when I phoned the school the year 9 administrator said there's a nasty virus going round so perhaps that's what he's got. J got in a panic about going to camp as it's some distance away and he was worried about getting really ill away from home and also it's an activity camp with a lot of running around in the cold air so he didn't go which is a mega shame. We'd bought him a new sleeping bag and thermal 'base layers' specially. Boo boo boo.

Last night I couldn't sleep well because I couldn't breathe properly. I don't feel virusey so what's wrong with me? J meanwhile seems brighter this morning but says his chest still hurts.

Honestly I'm fed up with illness.

Still trusting God though. One day this all will be better.

No comments: