Translate

Thursday 19 January 2012

Parents' evening

Had email from J's Head of Year saying the bully boy has been 'dealt with' and he and his parents have been warned about 'further consequences' if there are any more incidents. Really, really hope there are no more incidents. J's rib getting better, cutting down painkillers now but he missed football today (so upset).

Tonight was parents' evening and when we were talking to J's History teacher the Head of Year whom we've never seen before was at the next table. I could see her looking at me and probably thinking 'There's that stroppy hysterical woman and I didn't know she was in a wheelchair' and I kept sneaking looks at her and thinking 'She doesn't look anything like I thought she did' cos she doesn't, I thought she was quite young but she's about my age. 

We'd only got 5 teacher appointments cos J said that's all he could get (strange how they're all his best subjects). They all gave very good reports about him and all want him to do GCSE in their subjects. P certainly wasn't keen on the ICT teacher's suggestion that he do Media Studies. She didn't look all that happy when he said ICT GCSE was 'rubbish'. I said to him that ok it might be true but it is her career after all and she is very nice so he didn't have to say it in front of her.

Afterwards we went to Pizza Express where I shared bruschetta with P then my usual Pollo Pesto and Semi Freddo with decaff cappuccino. Yum. P had goat's cheesesalad and gu hot chocolate and J managed to put away dough balls, Romano Pizza and Chocolate Glory. It was ever so crowded in there. There were only 2 waitresses cos they only usually have about 5 tables on a Thursday but it was packed out, even turning people away.

I have to go to bed, have action packed day tomorrow filling in tax return and doing car tax on-line.


No comments: