Translate

Monday 23 March 2009

Well the music festival was seriously brilliant! There were 400 children & they were just so good it almost made me cry. Because I was in the wheelchair we got a really good seat right at the front with an excellent view of J who was at the back cos he's tall. Anyway it was just good.
On the way out we bumped into Louise & Steve & when we mentioned the 'father & son cub camp' the next morning both Steve & P had the look of two men awaiting a particularly nasty form of execution. Honestly, spending a day & night with a group of 8, 9 & 10 year old boys what could be better?
We had to get up early Saturday morning to pack, quite why I had to do most of the packing when I wasn't actually going is a mystery, but anyway there was the usual bit of a rush & last minute panic but nowhere near as bad as last year when P wasn't well & ended up not going in the end. Anyway it wasn't too bad & then they were off & I just has to quickly get ready for the ladies' breakfast. Becky had agreed to pick me up at 8.30. Becky is a wonderful person but punctuality just isn't one of her strengths so at 8.25 I thought 'She'll never be here at 8.30, I've got at least a quarter of an hour.' At that moment the doorbell rang. It was Becky's friend Simone: 'Becky asked me to pick you up because she's running so late.' Yikes!
She waited 10 minutes until I was ready, as we were driving past the caravans she asked: 'Did someone actually live in those things?' Well, er, yes actually, they did.
The breakfast was really, really good - there was orange juice or bucks fizz, tea & coffee, scrambled egg, smoked salmon, croissants, bread, muffins & fruit. Seriously yummy. And the speaker was excellent as well. She was very quiet but had a powerful message & gave her story of how she used to feel so inadequate & miserable as 'just a housewife' & one day she just cried out to God 'if he was there' to help her. Straight away someone she knew only slightly who was a Christian phoned up & said 'I don't know why I'm phoning you, I just feel I have to' & she went round to see her & poured out her problems & the other woman told her about Jesus & she gave her life to him & her life was transformed. It was a very good talk anyway.
I really love P & J but I did enjoy the peace on Saturday afternoon. Between them they can make a lot of noise with their TVs, computers, radios, X-boxes, hammers, saws, drills etc etc Becky came round for a chat in the afternoon, she asked if I wanted to go round & watch the DVD of Mamma Mia later & I did want to but I was just too tired. It's really good having a hamster when I'm sleeping alone in the house, if there's a noise I can think 'It's just Digger.'

No comments: