Translate

Tuesday 10 March 2009

On Friday night we had the Year 6 Fun Night which is to raise funds for the school residential trip. Each child is expected to run a stall with the help of their parents. There were a few problems as there was a bit of a falling out between some of the parents whcih resulted in the person who had been organising it resigning. Despite this it went very well & raised over a thousand pounds. We had a treasure hunt map but we felt like tying J to his chair as he found it almost impossible to sit still & kept jumping up. Half way through the evening someone spilt a glass of wine over our map & soaked it. Trying hard (through clenched teeth) to reassure that it really didn't matter & it was no problem that the stickers were lifting off. We ended up buying loads of cakes from Louise's cake stall which ruined my diet for the weekend & a whole lot of plants which are probably going to sit on our windowsills giving me accusing looks for not getting round to repotting them & leaving them to a long slow withering death.'
Talking of diets I've lost 5 lb over the last 2 weeks which is pretty good. I was glad I'd lost weight because I went for my bone scan yesterday & they weighed me. The scan was very straightforward & the nurse was ever so nice. She said if my bones are getting thinner they can't make it better but they can stop it getting any worse because you can take drugs to slow down bone loss now. I didn't know that you start losing bone from the age of 30 but it means I might have reached my peak bone mass before I got ill when I was still quite active. Apparently 1 in 2 women & 1 in 5 men over 50 have osteoporosis. Scary!

No comments: