Translate

Sunday 8 March 2009

There seem to be two rules which operate in our house. The first is that if J has a dressing up day at school some vital item which he absolutely needs for his costume instantly disappears off the face of the earth. This explains why I spent most of Tuesday evening & Wednesday afternoon looking for a sword. What I would rather have been doing was resting after Monday night. The sword turned up under J's bed which is ok except I had asked him if he'd looked there & he said 'Yes'. When it turned up he said 'I didn't say I looked properly.'
The second rule is that whenever the house is such a tip that I'm thinking 'Wouldn't it be awful if someone came round' someone phones up & says they're coming round.' This explains why I spent yesterday morning exhausting myself cleaning the sink & cooker. They do look nice & clean though.
But I am tired & my legs ache. Tomorrow I go for my bone scan at 10.30 so I won't get much rest.
On Thursday I went back to the cardiac clinic. It was one of those amazing hospital appointments where everything runs smoothly. We got there early, a parking attendant found us a place, when we got to the clinic the person before me hadn't turned up so straight away I got my blood pressure done (a bit low) & had an ECG (ok). Then I saw the doctor who was really nice. He said there is a slight abnormality with my heart rhythm in that it's range is a bit greater than normal ie it's slow beats are slower than most people's & it's fast beats faster. It's not dangerous but if I get a virus or something my heart could start beating too fast but in that case they can give me drugs to slow it down. He said it's better not to take drugs at the moment, only if it becomes a serious problem which it might not. So, although I was a bit surprised that they found anything wrong it really doesn't seem to be serious which is a relief. It's probably not helped by me being so unfit.
Have to stop now for dinner.

No comments: