Translate

Monday 9 March 2009

Seriously difficult morning with J! Started yesterday evening really. He'd had Adam round & they'd had a great time tormenting the hamster & trashing the house. After Adam left I merely suggested a bit of piano playing & homework & he flew into a tantrum & stormed off to his room. He put himself to bed & said we were the worse parents ever & we weren't ever to set foot in his room again. A short while later a little voice said 'Mu..u..u..m, can you read to me.' His main grievances seem to be we make him go to school, make him go to bed & Dad expected him to help with the cupboard he's making for his room. It must be hard having such dreadful parents, I said I'd give him the number for Childline.
Anyway this morning he said he felt ill but I gave him some Calpol & made him go to school. The trouble is he's saying all the revision for SATs he's doing is stupid, boring & a waste of time & I think he's probably right. I phoned the school & they said they'd make him stay because he's had so much time off. He hasn't had that much time off, it's not nearly as bad as last year.
Can anyone with older children reassure me that all this bad mood stuff is going to get easier?

No comments: