Translate

Monday 23 March 2009

P & J returned yesterday morning having had a good time. I knew P would enjoy it. They hadn't had that much sleep though as there was one boy who couldn't sleep so at regular intervals kept deliberately waking everyone else up. The little darling!
J was talking about how he'd done crate staking up to 9 crates high & climbed this & climbed that. You'd never manage to have a 'mother & son camp', it would be 'You can't go up there it's too high! Have you tightened your safety harness? Why haven't you got your coat on? Don't sit that close to the campfire! Have you changed your socks?'
J gave me the plant he'd got me for Mother's Day then we headed off to church where they gave out more plants. When J gave one to the woman behind me she said 'I don't deserve this, I'm not a mum.' I know she wanted to have children but couldn't have them & the woman next to her lost a child. It's a difficult day for some people. I slid Mum's photo behind J's a few days ago, there are some times when I just can't look at it.
I am so thankful for J though, even if he thinks I'm not interesting he's been such a blessing. Anyway as Becky was saying yesterday there comes a time in life, a lot, lot later on, when you do appreciate what your mum did for you.

No comments: