Translate

Tuesday 10 March 2009

J came out of school very cheerful yesterday because his teacher had been off sick so they'd hardly done any work. I'm not sure it's very nice of him to rejoice in the fact his teacher has food poisoning. This morning he got up ok & I thought 'Phew!' then half way through his breakfast he went pale & said he felt ill. He said it was because I hadn't toasted his crumpets enough but I think 'sudden onset underdone crumpet poisoning' is quite rare. So I dosed him up with Calpol again, he went back to bed twice & I dragged him out of bed twice & got him to school. This is all a bit of a strain. I think he still has got his virus a bit & is coughing but he probably is well enough to go in.
This made me a bit late for the housegroup but Emily arrived just after me so I wasn't last. I don't think I'd been since January. Last week at church Emily was talking to me & I hadn't said anything to her about being a bit unhappy with the group but she said she felt most of the same frustrations that I'm feeling. Anyway this morning was ok, we only chatted for a short time at the beginning & someone read out Psalm 29 which is a very beautiful & powerful psalm. It's just that one particular person tends to change the subject & go off at a tangent during the discussion & it's quite difficult. We were just starting to get into it a bit deeper & she just suddenly started chatting about something else & effectively brought it all to a close. I don't know the answer really.

No comments: