Translate

Thursday 19 March 2009

Last night P was so buoyed up after his day at school I realised how much he still misses teaching really. He was training as a teacher but fell ill in his final year & by the time he recovered, several years later, the course had changed so he'd have had to do the whole thing again so he got a different job. I said to him if he takes early retirement, which he's thinking of, he could perhaps do one of those train on the job things & go back to teaching a couple of days a week. He said he has thought about it sometimes. We'll see.
H was in such a cheerful mood that I managed to say casually 'I wonder if J's cough will be a problem at the music festival.'
'Er, what music festival?'
Anyway he was quite happy about going. I just wonder if J's cough, which is of a peculiarly irritating variety will be a problem. I must phone up & enquire about wheelchair access as well.

No comments: