Translate

Monday 25 August 2008

I told you it was 14.30

Today's Bank Holiday Monday so P was off and I suggested we have a tidying session because I think the house is the untidiest it's ever been since we lived here. When I say 'untidy' I don't mean an obsessionally house-proud perfectionist's version of untidy ie one or two things out of place I mean UNTIDY!!!

 It doesn't help that the kitchen has been doubling as a carpenter's workshop which I know is something of a necessity but it's got to the point I can't ask anyone round. Anyway P did really well and cleared the whole kitchen floor and hoovered up the sawdust. I had a go at sorting out the paperwork. Our paperwork seems to be permanently out of control, I feel this is partly due to P's mail-sorting system: whatever it is it gets left on the nearest surface. 

I'm in the process of instituting a new filing system, well ok it's just the latest in a long line of 'new filing systems' but this one might work!

We gathered up all the waste paper and cardboard to take to the tip on the way to pick up J from camp. I was saying to P to hurry as we had to pick him up at 14.30. He said no it was 15.00. I said I was sure it was 14.30. He said it was definitely 15.00 because Akela had told him so.

There was a great long queue at the tip but P said it was ok we had plenty of time. We got to the camp at 14.40 and P said he'd just pop into the shop at the entrance to buy a drink as we had plenty of time. He went inside and the next thing was I saw J's face passing by in a car driven by Tim's Dad. Apparently P had made a sort of loose arrangement with him that he could bring J back if we didn't turn up. I beeped like mad and J was looking straight at me and I thought they'd stop but they didn't so we had to race after them. We took different routes and obviously theirs was the quickest because we got home just as they were turning round to come back out of our drive. Then Tim asked if J could go back to his house to play so I only saw him for a couple of minutes and then he was gone again. He seemed to have had a good time, he won an award for something but can't remember what.

The only good thing about our wasted journey was that I timed how long it took from a senior school J might possibly go to and it was only 10 minutes although that was with P driving and not at peak traffic time. It's not bad though.

No comments: