Translate

Thursday 21 August 2008

Not managing to go swimming

I got a bit weary with writing this because I thought nobody was reading it but I've discovered that at least two people are reading it so I've decided to carry on. One of those people said the beginning posts were a bit confusing, really what I was trying to do was recap over the last few months since we moved here but this blog wasn't started until July. Sorry if it was a bit muddled. Anyway from now on it is more or less life as it is happening.

Having said that I'll go back to the beginning of this week. Monday was a strange sort of day, I woke up feeling terrible, really tired and achey. I lay in bed for some time having told J to get his own breakfast.

Eventually I dragged myself out of bed and spooned some yoghurt into a bowl for my breakfast. As I chopped up some apple to go with it I heard voices outside the back door - Jehovah's witnesses! Anyway even though my brain was still behind in bed and my legs were aching from standing I got into this really long discussion with them about the Trinity and was Jesus really God (of course he was, otherwise none of it makes sense)?. Eventually they said they would come back another day and we could continue. I felt really sorry for them because they were so nice and yet so mistaken. I'll have to go on the internet and work out what I'm going to say to them next time. 

Then I got a phone call to say the son of some people at church was really ill in hospital with cellulitis and possible meningitis and could I pray for him which instantly stopped me feeling sorry for myself.
Then J's friend Adam phoned up and said could he come round to play and I thought 'Yes! I can get some rest! I took him round and his mum, Louise, asked me in for a cup of tea and we had a long chat. But then, it being too cold for outdoor swimming, the children wanted to go to an indoor swimming pool in a nearby town which is also where Adam might have his birthday party and they wanted to suss it out. Louise didn't feel able to keep an eye on all three at once so I would have to go and I was thinking 'Oh no I don't feel up to this,' but they all really wanted to go and Louise said if she dropped me at the door it's not far to walk into the pool so I agreed. P wanted to go to Waitrose so we agreed I'd drive home so he could have the car and Louise would pick me up.

 So I raced home, shaved my legs and popped a couple of pain-killers. I decided to leave my bag at home and take just my purse. We got to the swimming pool and found that although on the internet it had said it was open for the next 4 hours in fact it would only be open for the next 30 minutes. It would take the children 30 minutes just to get changed and dressed again so we went on to another town but the swimming pool there would close in 5 minutes so the children went to the playground instead and Louise pushed me in the wheelchair to watch. On the way back we passed P in the car and it was at that point that I realised that when I picked up my purse I should have picked up the house keys too so we had to go back to Louise's house and wait for P to pick us up later. But it didn't turn out to be quite as an exhausting day as it could have been.

No comments: