Translate

Sunday 24 August 2008

Memories

I'm still behind with this.

On to Thursday which was a really good day because we went to visit a friend of mine from school and her family. She has two boys aged 9 and 12. They and J get on so well together, it's really good. We didn't tell J where we were going so it would be a surprise ( and also so he wouldn't keep badgering us). I though he would pretty soon work it out when he saw the roadsigns. But he didn't. Even when we got to the town and stopped at a shop he didn't ask where we were. Then P let it slip and he finally cottoned on a few minutes before we got to their house.

We had a really good day, it was sunny enough to sit on the patio which was just as well as the boys totally took over the living room with their video games etc. My friend's husband is Greek and we had a really nice lunch with chicken, Greek salad and feta cheese and roasted vegetables. Even J who is in the running for the 'world's fussiest eater' ate quite a lot. Then we had Greek yoghurt and Greek honey which was very nice.

Later my friend produced a copy of our old school magazine (which was yellowing with age!). There was lots of interest in it such as the school trip to Norway which took two days to get there. There was also a picture of some of the teachers and I thought how young some of them looked. In my memory they were always really old. And when I came to the picture of the 'staff versus pupils netball match' (only at our school would nuns in habits play netball) there in the background was the two of us! Fifteen years old and me with my hair in bunches! Happy days! (Well, they weren't really,not for anything would I want to be fifteen again.)


On the way home we took a quick detour past the house where I used to live as a child. Such a lot of memories. I wonder how my life would have turned out if my parents hadn't moved away.

No comments: