Translate

Thursday 28 August 2008

There was something so disgusting on our doorstep this morning: someone had trod on a snail & squashed it & there was one of those great big juicy black slugs eating it! Bet you're really glad I told you that.
Haven't slept properly for two nights so a bit zonked. I think the problem last night was I ate some dark chocolate in the evening & it tends to keep me awake. Why, why, why did I do it?
Becky took J to the 'Maize maze' yesterday afternoon. This is a maze in a field of maze in which is run by owner of craft centre & was designed by P & laid out with J's help. P has been doing this for some years & I've never been round it. But the ground is muddy at the moment & it would have been hard work lugging the wheelchair round. Anyway it's not really the same. I'm going to wait until I can walk round. Or run round. Or skip round. Or dance round. She took a picture of J & Tim at Exit looking just like a pair of nightclub bouncers! When did they stop being cute little boys?
Last night started getting photos together for J's 'holiday book', this is for a competition at school for which they keep a record of their summer holiday. Even if he doesn't win a prize it's a nice thing to keep & we've got some good photos this year. Several seem to be of J eating, for some reason.
Had a nice game of Junior Scrabble with J yesterday & afterwards he played game where we put tiles in pairs to make 'pizza boxes' & saw who could stack them highest.
Tomorrow going to Ely for day out & also to visit someone we know who lives there.
J just said he's going to tidy his room!!
Our neighbour just knocked at door & gave me great big bag of runner beans he's grown!

No comments: