Translate

Thursday 28 April 2011

Today

This morning I heard J's alarm go off but he didn't jump out of bed like he usually does. 'Must be tired,' I thought & let him lie in for a bit. Eventually I decided he really had to get up: 'Come on you need to get up now!'
Then I remembered. He wasn't there. He'd slept over at Tim's house.
Right.
So I got up in a nice leisurely manner & went round to pick up J. 'I forgot to bring my blazer,' he said.
Mad dash back home, raced to school taking long-cut to avoid traffic building up on road to school, dropped him off just in time. Hardly any petrol left, got lost finding way to petrol station up the road, then had to stop off at shop to buy new rubber gloves for my cleaner, then got caught up in traffic approaching junior school, arrived home to find cleaner waiting in garden. Really nice to have her here again, it's been weeks & house has descended into chaos.
Spent morning paying bills etc on computer. Then went to dentist. Truly horrendous time having a few fillings, including a bit of filling going into my eye! This was 7 hours ago, mouth still numb, tooth aching, misery.

Scooted round town after that looking at clothes but totally unable to find anything that suits me/fits me/I can afford. I'm just getting a bit bored with the jeans/track-suit top look which is what I automatically slip into every day.

Have been making plans for tomorrow - I'm going to watch THE WEDDING, J's going to the village street party in the afternoon & P's planning to head out somehere for the day.

Today J came second in the back-stroke swimming race at school, this was the bottom PE set competing but I still think he did really well considering the late start he's had at swinmming. I suppose it's an advantage being so tall though.

No comments: