Translate

Tuesday 19 April 2011

Mummy lion vindicated

Dad's back home now but still on loads of drugs.

Yesterday was J's appointment with the psychologist. She still thinks he's got a bit of ADD but now she thinks he's got a bit of dyslexia as well which has been masked because he's clever. In a way this is a relief because for a long time I've felt he has got some dyslexia. At least we know what we're dealing with now. And she will definitely recommend he gets extra time etc in exams & with a diagnosis of dyslexia allowance will be made for his spelling as well.
I'm really glad I did the mummy lion bit.

I also had a hospital appointment yesterday which went fine but we had to wait around for hours and I think the new multi-storey car park was designed by a sadist with a desire to see people driving round & round for their entire lives trying to find the exit.

Today J & I went into town with the primary objective of getting him some new school shoes & a secondary objective of buying some Easter eggs. This morning I made out a shopping list with all the other things I realised I needed & was so proud that I'd managed to get everything on it although sadly when we got to the Oxfam shop where we planned to buy some fair trade eggs it had closed but I thought P can always pick them up as the shop's opposite his work. J wanted a new wii game & as he'd saved up enough money he got that as well. I bought some envelopes & posted the letter I'd been putting off writing since September but had actually written this morning. All very satisfying. Then we picked up P. 'You got the shoes ok?' he asked.
'No, no, no we didn't get the shoes, we forgot the shoes, aaagh & by then the shop was shut so we are going to have to go back again, aaaagh...'

What we've been realising since J's been diagnosed with ADD is we both have some symptoms of it as well (I think P also has a bit of dyslexia), when it comes to the forgetful bit I think I've definitely got it or is it just old age?

No comments: