Translate

Friday 22 April 2011

Good Friday

Internet connection so poor don't know if this will publish.

Lovely day again. Have planted Bumble Bee seeds. Last night went to yummy Maundy Thursday supper & this morning to Good Friday service. Don't tell anyone but thought the sermon was just a bit boring, I saw 4 people who looked like they were asleep - downside of comfy chairs.

I am so missing the traditional Easter hymns, must be a sign of old age. But just seen an email where a rather assertive older lady has requested 'Christ the Lord Has Risen Today' for Sunday & they've said Yes. Yippee!!!

It's not that I don't like modern worship songs, I love them. I suppose it's nostalgia really because those hymns have just always been part of my life. Probably a bad attitude on my part somewhere here.

There was going to be a young people's sleepover on Saturday night with a dawn (literally) egg hunt & breakfast but it's been cancelled due to lack of support. J's really disappointed & so am I but a tiny part of me's relieved we won't have to deal with him being like a bear with a sore head on Sunday.

Phoebe's still hanging in there.

Birdies singing, butterflies flitting about, bluebells in the wood. Lovely.

No comments: