Translate

Sunday 24 January 2010

Today

This afternoon I was cutting up an apple by the kitchen window & 6 long tailed tits came & fed on the fat balls we've put in the tree outside the window. Then 2 of them flew off & came back with 2 more (I think, I suppose it could have been 2 flew off & 4 more came). Anyway it was really lovely. Long tailed tits are such beautiful delicate little birds.

J has just asked if Pennsylvania is where they make pencils.

P's Dad is doing well in hospital, they think it's just muscle damage & not a fracture. They're talking of him spending a couple of weeks in a home before he comes back here which would be better really.

My legs are slowly improving still.

Getting on well with the theology.

Had sermon on 'giving' this morning. I've got to lead the discussion at the housegroup on Tuesday. Money is always an awkward subject as many people in the church live what could be considered quite extravagant lifestyles & even those who don't still do if you compare them to the majority of people in the world. There is this level at which many of us feel a bit guilty about it I think. Anyway I'll see how it goes. I suppose really it's all about being open to how much God is wanting us to give & recognising that our money isn't our money it's his & he does bless us with things & wants us to enjoy them. It's just when I heard how much one person in our group spent on mascara I was shocked. But then I did spend £20 on library fines the other week which is just shameful. (And I've still got an outstanding book which has been renewed the maximum number of times and is due back & I can't find it. I'm not going to use the library any more, I'm going to buy the books - it's cheaper).

Talking of church I've got a new friend there - she's an RE teacher & actually went to the same university as me, although she started the year I left.

No comments: