Translate

Thursday 14 January 2010

It's stopped snowing!

On Tuesday night I tried turning over in bed & couldn't - I couldn't manage to move my right leg by myself so P had to lift it for me - scary or what? To move my legs at all yesterday was a real struggle, walking almost impossible & pain bad. Spent most of day in bed doing not much at all. J had to get 2 buses to school but P went to work late so he could get him out on time & walk with him to bus stop. Light snow all day, concerned about J who had to get buses home in dark & snow & with his cold but he made it ok.
J won a toy in a competition & it arrived yesterday which cheered him up a lot.

This morning woke up on my right side & realised hip was a bit less painful but still hard to walk. Absolutely tipping it down with rain (not snow!) Thought about J having to wait at bus stop in it. Then he came into my room & lay on my bed looking pale & ill. He wrote on a bit of paper that he'd lost his voice & his chest & throat really hurt & started crying. At that point I decided that there was no way my sick child was going to school in the pouring rain & if they complained I would tell them what to do with their attendance figures. So he's been at home today, I'm still scooting around, slightly better but still not into walking & P's got his father, son & wife all sick.

There was a knock at the door this morning & I got there just in time to find the Parcel Force man stuffing J's Christmas present (finally it arrived!!!!) into the cardboard waste sack. I know he was trying to be helpful but honestly, could he not think of any possible disadvantages with that arrangement, particularly as Thursday is the night we put the rubbish out?!!

J's present is a Lego robot which he can programme (or is it program?). Wonder if he can get it to do the housework?

No comments: