Translate

Tuesday 15 November 2011

Visit to the opticians

Yesterday J and I went to the optician. His sight had been gradually deteriorating over the last few years and last night he'd reached the stage where he has to start wearing glasses. He chose some snazzy black and green ones but I don't think he's very keen on wearing them. I can totally understand how he feels, I went through the whole of senior school needing glasses and not wearing them. This did have the advantage that I developed quite a good memory as I had to memorise what the teacher was saying as she said it. I really hope J wears his though.

I have to have a pressure test on my eyes once a year as my Dad now has glaucoma. My result was fine - better than average, but this horrible thing happened during it. The optician made a joke and laughed and his spit went all over my neck! Seriously yuck.

No comments: