Translate

Tuesday 15 November 2011

A difficult school run

A lovely sunny day today. Had chaotic start to the day as J needed to sort out recording equipment for an English assessment and ended up borrowing my mobile. I think leaving it until ten to eight was a bit last minute. Had one of those journeys where it's just one hold-up after another. As I was waiting behind 3 coaches coming out of school one of the Dads whom I know came over and said my front driver side tyre was really low. As I went up the road the petrol light came on. So I could potentially have a flat tyre and run out of petrol and I hadn't got my mobile. Great. I made it home and managed to pump a bit of air into the tyres. Hope it hasn't got a puncture. I honestly feel we get more than our fair share of tyre and wheel problems.

J's week currently goes: Monday lunchtime Steel Pan club, Monday evening Scouts, Tuesday evening Mandarin class, Weds lunchtime Art Club, Weds evening Piano Lesson, Thursday evening Art Club, first Friday in the month Youth Club. Keeps him off the streets I suppose but I'm finding it so hard to keep track that last night I thought Scouts finished at 9.15 when it was actually 9.00. One of his friend's mums phoned me and asked if I wanted her to bring him home - a sort of tactful way of saying 'I'm waiting here with your son where on earth are you?' Oops.

He has a piano exam in a few weeks. Believe me J and piano exams is a very stressful combination, stressful for all the adults concerned that is.

No comments: