Translate

Saturday 12 November 2011

Brrr


J has spent the day lounging around looking very sorry for himself. He's not coping well with havibng gone to bed at 3 am. Still he did enjoy the night hike. Early to bed tonight I think.

Had a trip to local large hardware store with P to get some plumbing pipes and paint. Exciting! (not)

P has made a cake, just gone to the oven to get it and there has been an almighty crash. Apparently when he tried to get the cake rack out of the cupboard everything stared falling out. Apparently it's my fault cos I put the stuff in the cupboard.


Because I don't feel our house is as warm as it should be I've been doing some research into heat loss and am wondering if the metal ties which loop round the roof panels are acting as 'thermal bridges' and conducting some of the heat out. P is going to try spraying round them with insulating foam. I'm also insisting that everyone shuts the outer door before opening the inner door and vice versa. I really would like to be a bit warmer. Watch this space.

I actually struggle at this time of year when it first turns cold as my body thermostat doesn't seem to work very well. While I'm currently wearing several layers of fleece P is in shirt sleeves.


No comments: