Translate

Thursday 27 May 2010

Yet more bad news

Today was P's Dad's funeral. The service went well & P gave a very good talk but poor J cried all the way through which was sad. Seeing him upset made me upset so I cried all the way though as well. P's brother & his wife & her son came, plus P's cousins, one of his Dad's carers, some of our neighbours & a couple of people from church. Also Becky & Louise & Steve came to support us which was really nice of them & then after school brought Tim & Adam to be with J.

The pub had done a really nice buffet for us & the sun was shining through the window. I was sitting talking to my sister in law when my mobile rang. It was my brother. My Dad was admitted to hospital for tests two days ago because he's been having trouble walking. His wife had just called my brother to say he needs emergency surgery on his spine & if he doesn't have it he could be paralysed. Apparently the bones are crumbling & pressing on the spinal cord. He needed to be transferred to another hospital, they were seeing where they could find a bed for him.

We're just waiting for news.

No comments: