Translate

Monday 24 May 2010

Sunday

Still waiting to find out more about what happened to my aunt. This morning I phoned P's aunt with details of his Dad's funeral & she sounded terrible - really short of breath! She said she was having a funny turn & waiting for doctor to arrive.

Yesterday at church sat behind family with new twins + toddler. All gorgeous but there wasn't a second when one of them wasn't needing attention. Little girl kept taking dummies from twins' mouths so hard to get them to settle to sleep. I managed to cuddle a twin for a while. Naomi who was sitting next to me suddenly started dabbing her eyes & went out. During hymn I went out to see if she was ok & bumped into Linda who was doing the same but we found someone else was already with her. She said the babies brought back painful memories, she's had quite a traumatic past.

Then had long conversation with retired GP about Mavis. I went with Mavis to the doctors last week to get result of MRI on her back. This was the same doctor who so sensitively (not!) told me about the osteoporosis. Anyway he just read out this great long report in very complicated medical language & was oblivious to the fact she didn't understand a word of it. Even though he tried to tell her it was basically ok & she didn't need surgery she was still upset & confused but retired GP managed to put her mind at rest. I was talking to her about this particular doctor & she was very critical of him - thinks he doesn't work hard enough & doesn't really care about patients. I'm not sure he totally doesn't care, I think he just doesn't understand what it's like to be a patient, partly because he is so fit & healthy. Other doctor (who's my hero cos he came out so quickly when J had swine flu) is better really although some people find him a bit over zealous & he tends to do lots of tests.

After church we went to pub for lunch with Louise & some friends of hers. We sat outside where I was quite nervous of caterpillars descending on strings from oak trees. I just don't like caterpillars in my hair. Had lovely lunch anyway - smoked haddock, same as I had last time I was there. They have painted wooden spoons with the table numbers on them & several years ago to my horror while waiting for his order P drew a picture of J on one of them. Guess what was on our wooden spoon yesterday - J's picture!

I'm feeling very frustrated today as there is so much I want to do, I've got so many plans for house & garden etc & I haven't got the strength.

No comments: