Translate

Thursday 6 May 2010

Update

This morning got off to a bit of a stressful start - think J with a cold, me tired, have to drop off P at station for conference in London so can't take short cut to school and ... 5 minutes after we should have left discover J needs apple crumble ingredients for food technology lesson. Right.

To quickly update last week:

  • J had brilliant time at activity weekend. On way to pick him up got message that coach stuck on motorway. Went home. Half an hour later got message that they would be at school in 20 minutes. The thing is they have this 'phone tree' which is a list of parents who phone each other. The problem was we were tenth on the list so by the time we got the call they were probably already at school & whereas most of the other parents live round the corner we live about 20-30 minutes drive away. This meant that when we arrived car park was empty save for J & 4 shivering teachers.
  • I've got a washing line (as in rotary airer) ! Haven't had my own line for 8 years. Just feels so good.
  • I can't remember if I said P's dad was home but yesterday he got a pain in his leg & couldn't move it so I had to call an ambulance & he's back in hospital.
  • J got another cold & lost his voice.
  • I'm not sure how to vote! I think I'm going to have to vote for a candidate I don't like in order to get in a party I don't like in order to stop the others who are even worse.
  • If J laughs once more at my lack of computer skills while looking over my shoulder he'll be sorry. Get on with eating your apple crumble & custard!

No comments: