Translate

Sunday 14 February 2010

Pudding & prayer

This morning while I was in the bathroom J was outside the door singing a song that basically went:
'Mum is mad, Mum is mad, Mum is mad...' I thought the lyrics lacked a little something personally.
'Look, you're meant to be pleasant, well-mannered and sensible,' I said.
'That's just at school,' he replied.

There's two things I never feel all that good at, well there's more than two but I'm mentioning these two in particular: praying and organising things. So how has it come about that I'm organising a 'Pudding and Prayer evening' at church. Well, how it's come about is: I suggested to our minister that such an event would be a good idea and he said 'Yes it is, I'll leave it to you then shall I?' The moral seems to be don't suggest anything unless you want to organise it.

So this evening I've been writing an article about it for the church magazine and I hope lots of people come. It's not until the end of April so I have a bit of time. Last night I was looking for creative prayer ideas on the internet. One said:

Materials required

Water
Towel
Large bowel

The mind boggles!

No comments: