Translate

Friday 5 February 2010

French evening

Today I felt really tired & at 11.00 decided I just had to have a nap before lunch. At 3.15 P came home early from work & woke me up! And I was having such an interesting dream!

J's piano teacher is now teaching from home instead of coming here & he lives quite some distance away, it's quite hard to know what to do long term as it's a lot of time & money to get there but he is so good with J and ever so nice (P says him being nice has nothing to do with it). Anyway P had these vouchers for a French restaurant in town which were almost due to expire so we decided to go there afterwards. This was where my French let me down because I ended up with cheese on toast and chips (with a little bit of smoked salmon). This was on the menu, in amongst all the main courses - 'croq au saumon fume'. I suppose I should have remembered from holidays in France that 'croq monsieur' was a sort of cheese on toast thing but I envisioned this thing as a salmon and cheese croquette. And then it arrived - two slices of cheese on toast sandwiched together with a bit of smoked salmon in the middle. And J kept nicking my chips.
P had a really nice chicken & mushroom dish & J had lemon sole which he loved.
The deserts were just wonderful - J had chocolate ice cream & lemon sorbet, P had lemon tart & I had a trio of creme brulee - vanilla, dark chocolate & fresh raspberry. Creme brulee is always a bit of a risk cos I love it when it's creamy & hate it when it's slimy but this was creamy...

(I won't mention hooking a ladies cardigan on my wheelchair & dragging it off with us as we went past).

No comments: