Translate

Sunday 14 February 2010

Problems

I felt quite burdened at church this morning. There are several people I know quite well who are having a hard time. One woman's brother has just had a brain haemorrhage. The person sitting next to me is feeling really down. She's going to come round for a chat sometime as I know what's it's like to feel really low. And Mavis who I bring to the coffee morning is also in a really bad state. She's had a very difficult life & has been badly rejected but something has happened recently to make her feel very unwanted & she was sitting at the back of the church looking terrible. I sat near her at coffee but then Kate, with whom I'm quite friendly, came & sat the other side of me & I really wanted to catch up with her & she's got her problems as well, so I ended up hardly talking to Mavis.

I just want to make all these people better & I can't. I suppose I just have to accept that while I'm doing my best to help them & pray for them ultimately they're not my responsibility.

I've told J that if he helps me tidy up tomorrow he can have a friend for a sleepover. We shall see.

No comments: