Translate

Saturday 13 February 2010

A lot of travelling & some boots

Today J was invited to spend the day with one of his new friends. This friend lives 12 miles away so we all set off with me navigating. We found it alright and his really nice parents asked us in. They live in a huge house - it's got 16 bedrooms, but they're ever so nice & not at all snobbish. In fact they worked really hard to be able to afford it. We ended up staying over an hour drinking tea & chatting & looking round house. Then we decided to explore nearby town, went into a pub for lunch, looked round several charity shops, a bookshop & a supermarket. By the time we got home it was only an hour until we had to leave to pick J up. On the way we came across a car stuck in the ditch. P & several other drivers stopped & managed to get it out, turned out to be someone P knew from village. This was the same road on which we had an accident several years ago, ours was a bit more dramatic though, not only in ditch but smashed car & broken glass everywhere & me with badly bruised arm. Could have been an awful lot worse though. Half way through out of control car spinning across road I started praying & suddenly felt like arms were round me holding me. P felt the same. Someone we knew who saw our car in ditch but didn't know it was ours said she'd really prayed for the passenger because they must have been so badly injured.
Anyway then we got lost in my effort to use 'short cut' through country lanes & it's 7 o'clock & we've just got back & I feel like taking J to his friend's has taken all day. Still he had a really good time.
I'm quite pleased because my new brown boots have arrived. My winter wardrobe only works if I have brown boots but the ones I had were falling apart. (The other boots I got recently are grey). I looked on ebay & found these ones which were brand new & they fit! So that's good.

No comments: