Translate

Thursday 18 February 2010

Cambridge in the rain

Today P had the day off & we decided to go out. After some debate we decided to go to Cambridge. This could have been a really nice place to visit except that the weather was terrible. First we had thick frost & it was freezing cold, then we had a misty sort of drizzle, then we had rain & then we had sleet. It was just wet & miserable all day. Also it was hard to get round on the scooter because there were quite a few pavements without dropped kerbs, it was hard sometimes to get past all the parked bicycles & there were a lot of very clever looking people who seemed to walk round in a dream & simply didn't notice they were in my way. We had a good look round a bookshop & also went to the Zoology Museum which reminded me of studying Biology at university. Actually it reminded me of just how boring it was - learning all that endless classification of the Animal Kingdom & the lifestyle habits of obscure invertebrates that lived in some muddy bank somewhere about whom I couldn't care less. I've always wished I'd done English instead.
J & I came out of the museum both saying we just wanted to go home. We were cheered up by a pizza lunch, I had a nice one with chicken & roasted veg & artichokes. I love Globe artichokes (I loathe Jerusalem artichokes).
Then we did a bit of shopping & ended up buying a new radio/CD player cos our one doesn't work properly, we also got a DS 'game' for J which consists of 100 books - a good way to get him reading the classics. I got a very reduced check shirt in a nice bluey green colour, don't know if it fits as I'm still too cold to try.
It's so nice to be home & dry.

No comments: