Translate

Friday 17 July 2009

Yesterday evening I went to church meeting. This was quite an important one as we were discussing some possible major changes to the building, chief of which was replacing the pews with chairs. Surprisingly there was general agreement to go ahead apart from the lady sitting next to me who by her body language was obviously unhappy. I was waiting for her to speak up & say so when suddenly she got up, shouted at the minister & stormed out slamming the door behind her. This was just a really awful thing to happen & I don't know what to say to her, I really don't.
From some of the conversations we've had at the coffee morning there are going to be others in the village who don't like it. But at the end of the day the church building is just a building & most of us are feeling the right thing is to move forward & modernise it. It's hard though.

No comments: