Translate

Thursday 16 July 2009

Managed to get to school early so J could go to village shop to buy biscuits for his teachers. Even though we got there 3 minutes before the time we left home yesterday he was wailing 'What if there's a long queue & I'm late for school?' Told him that if he said he was late because he was buying them biscuits I could guarantee they'd be understanding. Anyway he wasn't late.

J's report said he was 'incredibly well behaved'. Is this really the same child who has been slamming the bathroom door & yelling 'I'm not going to school!' in the mornings?

The children had to write their own 'reports' on the year. This is what J put;

'At the beginning of year 6 we were given easy work and easy homework and spellings I already know. The first trip in year 6 was the trip to the Golden Hinde and I'm not sure whether it was the original or a replica. And we had to document everything about it. Doing the year 6 fund raiser was great fun. There was a load of new stuff built for the school and the library is still not finished! Then the residential trip which is the best part of year 6. The second best part was the leavers party.
Overall year 6 was not the best of years as most of the work was revision that I did not need to do. But all the trips were excelent!'

Today I'm going to try & get a present for the school 'from J'.He wanted to get tennis balls to make up for all the ones he's hit over the fence but they said they've got loads of tennis balls & they'd like Lego or something like that for 'wet play'. I also am going to try & get him to write a thank you letter.

But first I'm off to the dentist who is going to 'have another go at that root canal'.

No comments: