Translate

Thursday 23 July 2009

Which side of the motorway?

Yesterday P & I drove to meet the man from whom I'd bought a scooter on ebay. (J had slept over at Tim's & spent the day there). Trouble was we'd agreed to meet at Northamtpon service station not realising part of it is one side of the motorway & part the other. So we were one side & he was the other but of course we didn't know that for sure & he didn't have a mobile. After 15 minutes P went in & asked for directions to the other side & we managed to find him. It's a nice little scooter, nice & small so it fits easily in the car & will be useful if we go camping. I'm also hoping J will be able to lift the parts & assemble it so we'll be able to go out to more exciting places.
The weather was a bit awkward yesterday, very hot in the car but when we got out it was a bit damp & windy. We stopped off in Buckingham which I found a bit disappointing mainly because despite having a by-pass it had a very busy road running through it. And the museum charged me full price even thought I couldn't get round everywhere. And it was a bit short of places selling ice cream!

No comments: